Racehorses
Racehorses +
Racehorses
Racehorse List A-Z
Horses In Training
Yearlings
Foals
Broodmares
BHA Ratings List
Ratings Changes
Racehorse Photos
Two-year-old Qualifications
Horses For Sale
Horses for Sale
Syndicates & Clubs
Racehorse Rehoming
Horses for Rehoming
Rehome Gallery
Rehome Guide
Rehoming News
Racehorse Info
Locations
lock
Passports
lock
Microchips/UELN
lock
Due Dates
lock
Racing Results
Recent winners
Results Archive
lock
Syndicates
Syndicates +
Syndicates
50 Club 2026/7
check_box
Laura Mason Syndicate
check_box
Half Moon Racing
check_box
Tomlinson Racing
check_box
Nick Bradley Racing
check_box
Eastscope 45
disabled_by_default
Lee Westwood
disabled_by_default
DS Bloodstock
check_box
Miss Brazen (DSB)
check_box
Old Gold (Girl Friday)
check_box
Members' Areas
50 Club 25/6
lock
50 Club 26/7
lock
About Racing Syndicates
Syndicate Info
Syndicate List
Syndicate entries
Laura Mason Syndicate
Lee Westwood Syndicate
50 Club 2026/7
50 Club 2025/6
Eastscope 45
Tomlinson Racing
Half Moon Racing
Nick Bradley Racing
Middleham Park Racing
Sales
News
Runners
Other
Other +
Staff
Staff List
Jockeys
Vacancies
Staff Area
lock
Services
Facilities
Racehorse Ownership
Syndicate Info
Map & Directions
Contact Details
Other
Items For Sale
Cartoons
Runners for Mobile
On This Day
Image Gallery
Racecourse Directory
Monday 24 August 2026
2:15
'Irish EBF Maiden Stakes'
at Musselburgh
Distance: 5f
Drawn: 8
Pivotal Star
2
2yo b g Ubettabelieveit - Starbotton
Owned by: Lee Westwood Partnership
Jockey: Billy Garritty
Musselburgh
grass
Round Course: Good (Good to Soft in places) Straight Course: Good to Soft
partly_cloudy_day
Sunny spells
directions
Stable yard directions
Stables: Enjoy Leisure Golf Starter Hut, Musselburgh EH21 7SD
Musselburgh Racecourse sits on the eastern side of the town, close to the River Esk and only a few miles from Edinburgh, and has staged racing on its present site since 1816. Racing in the area began in 1777 under the Royal Caledonian Hunt, with meetings briefly held on the sands at Leith between 1789 and 1816 before returning permanently to Musselburgh. The course was laid out by the town council, and the Hunt marked its opening by distributing 50 guineas to the town's poor.
The racecourse was long known as Edinburgh Racecourse in the English press and only officially adopted the Musselburgh name in 1996, though Scottish racegoers had used it for decades. It struggled financially after the decline in attendances following the legalisation of betting shops in the 1960s, but East Lothian Council took over in 1991 and invested heavily, transforming it into one of the UK’s most successful small tracks.
The layout is right‑handed, sharp and relatively flat, with a round course of about a mile and a quarter and a straight five‑furlong track that joins the round course four furlongs from home. The bends are tight, favouring handy, agile horses rather than big gallopers. The jumps course, introduced in 1987, mirrors the Flat layout and includes eight fences per circuit. A nine‑hole golf course, Musselburgh Links, sits inside the track and predates the racecourse by more than a century.
Musselburgh is Scotland's second‑largest racecourse after Ayr and now stages around 25–26 fixtures a year across both codes. Its leading Flat races include the Scottish Sprint Cup, the Listed Queen of Scots Stakes, the Edinburgh Cup and the Royal Mile Handicap. Over jumps, the Scottish Cheltenham Trials meeting has grown into its flagship fixture, producing winners who often progress to major spring festivals.
Musselburgh Racecourse
Linkfield Road
Musselburgh
East Lothian
EH21 7RG